What Makes Us Different!
1. ENRICHMENT FOR NEUROTYPICAL KIDS
Strong believers and advocates in Social Emotional Learning and Positive Psychology, we at Day One delve deep into evidence-based research, tried and tested methodologies and best practices, to put together a Developmental Enrichment Education Program, that gives your child a headstart in life.
Focusing on your child’s strengths and building on their positive experiences, states, traits, and support systems, while helping your child become an independent, resilient, responsive and mindful learner – is our passion and our business.
2. EARLY INTERVENTION FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
At Day One, we believe that no child should be left behind and no one should fall through the cracks during their learning journey. This includes gifted and talented children. We’re here to help. From assessing your child’s specific needs and devising individualized strategies with parents, to working hand-in-hand with your child and their teachers or caregivers, we strive to provide personalized support in challenging times.
3. NATURAL HEALING THERAPIES
At Day One, we recognize your child’s own biology as the primary environment fueling his/her development.
We help address learning challenges in children with behavioral management and numeracy/literacy intervention in tandem with applying gentle complementary and alternative herbal healing techniques and treatments.
4. OUR PEDAGOGY
- Always keen to contibute to educational research, we are in the midst of establishing a long-term collabaration with the leading educational research facility,the National Institute of Education, Singapore.
- We adopt standardized screening tools and intervention approaches that have been backed by extensive reserch and proven successful in multiple situations.
- Good early intervention services see your child as a child first,as part of a whole family, and not just a child with challenges and disabilities.
- Applying a Student-Centered Learning pedagogy and providing a Learner-Centered Education, we use a structured and tailored programme that caters to your child’s need strengths.
- Every child who enters Day One will be given an Individualised Education Plan 6 to 8 weeks upon commencement of services.
5. CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR YOUR CHILD
We recognise the importance of maintaining continued support for you and your child as they progress into his/her teen years. We’re here to help. Research has shown that teenagers with learning deficits and disabilities, when not supported, may have a higher chance of experiencing conflicts with authority or exhibiting psychologically disturbing behaviors.